- Witness in support of H.R. 1147, the Local Community Radio Act of 2009, Legislative Hearing, House Subcommittee on Communications, Technology, and the Internet (June 11, 2009).
- Panelist, The Communications Act and the FCC at 75: What Will the Future Bring?, Federal Communications Bar Association (Feb. 24, 2009).
- Panelist, Alliance for Community Media Annual Conference, Panelist, Media & Public Interest: Influencing Federal Policy, Washington DC(July 11, 2008).
- Panelist, Representing Your Local Broadcaster, Luncheon Panel, The Public Interest, National Association of Broadcastersm, Las Vegas, NV (April 2008).
- Moderator, Media Reform Panel, Joint Meeting of the National Council of Churches Communications Commission and World Association of Christian Communication, North America (September 2007).
- Moderator, Too Big Too Powerful, National Conference on Media Reform (January 2007).
- Panelist, Broadband Reform: De-regulation, Regulation, Reregulation or No Regulation?, 2006 Internet Caucus ‘State of the Net’ Conference (February 2006).
- Participant, Aspen Institute Twentieth Annual Conference on Telecommunications Policy (August 2005).
- Panelist, What Good is the Media? Shaping the Press for Democracy, University of Buffalo Law School, Mitchell Lecture (April 2003).
- “Trying to Silence Others’ Speech: Hecklers’ Veto Case Law as a Resource for Democratic Discourse,” Hofstra Law Review, 35 Hofstra L. Rev. 1305 (2007).
- “How Can Government Constitutionally Compel Mass Media to Serve the Public, And How Can Citizens Make It Happen?” in News Incorporated: Corporate Media Ownership And Its Threat To Democracy. Ed. Elliot D. Cohen. (New York: Prometheus Books, 2005) (with Harold Feld).
- “Monolith or Mosaic: Can the Federal Communications Commission Legitimately Pursue Repetition of Local Content at the Expense of Local Diversity?,” American University Law Review, 53 Am. Univ. L. Rev. 597 (2004).
- “More Than ‘A Toaster with Pictures,’ Defending Media Ownership Limits,” ABA Communications Lawyer (September 2003) (with Harold Feld).