Clients & Success Stories
- Cheryl currently serves as Policy Advisor of the United Church of Christ’s Office of Communication, Inc., UCC’s historic media justice advocacy arm.
- Cheryl assists the Leadership Conference Education Fund with is media and telecommunications advocacy, helping them to bring together media reform and civil rights advocates. She helped craft this detailed letter and media statements to improve the FCC’s Lifeline subsidy for low-income people.
- Cheryl is assisting the Progressive States Network with their community broadband advocacy and tracking in state legislatures nationwide. See one example of Cheryl’s dispatch articles for PSN.
- Cheryl assisted Media Access Project with several legal filings on behalf of their client, the Media Action Grassroots Network.
- Cheryl has developed community outreach and drafted pleadings for Public Knowledge.
- Cheryl conducted a detailed legal and data-driven analysis of native radio station applications for Native Public Media.
- Cheryl was an important member of the legal team which successfully overturned the FCC’s decision allowing further media consolidation in Prometheus v. FCC.
- Cheryl has advised the National Federation of Community Broadcasters on its Washington DC outreach and assists with its media policy strategy.
- Cheryl assisted the Future of Music Coalition with comments to the FCC.
- While at the National League of Cities, Cheryl developed a legislative action team and negotiated legislative language in Congress affecting cities’ power to regulate cable television.
- Cheryl is part of the team of public interest advocates who successfully lobbied Congress to pass the Local Community Radio Act of 2010, expanding the availability of local community radio to the top 40 radio markets nationwide. Cheryl currently sits on the Board of Directors of the Prometheus Radio Project.
- Cheryl is currently an Adjunct Professor at Georgetown University’s Communications Culture and Technology Program. Cheryl’s Georgetown Bio.